An Italian history
ERA’s history begins in Moncalieri, near Turin, in 1983 with the distribution of original products by Sipea and Efel in Italy and abroad.
ERA has always aspired to be a leader in the automotive electric field for both passenger cars and commercial vehicles providing high quality products and excellent customer service.
Here are the most significant milestones of company’s evolution:
- 1983 – ERA (Elettro Rappresentanze Autocomponenti) is established as the Aftermarket division of Sipea
- 1989 – Together with Sipea, ERA joins the American multinational TRW thus gaining its first positive experience in the international stage
- 1999 – ERA becomes an independent company and it focuses on a strong development of electric product ranges and on commercial distribution worldwide
- 2001 – ERA becomes a joint stock company and obtains the UNI EN ISO 9001:2000 Quality Certification
- 2007 – ERA acquires the MESSMER brand
- 2013 – A Representative office is established in Shanghai
- 2014 – ERA becomes part of Rhiag Group, an European multinational leader in the distribution and sales of spare parts for passenger cars and industrial vehicles
- 2016 – Rhiag Group and ERA join LKQ Corporation, a Nasdaq-listed world leading distributor of vehicle products
- Today ERA operates in 70 countries worldwide